Many modern IT departments are finding their legacy IT systems much harder to support, integrate, or migrate than their modern Windows and Unix-based systems because
- Applications have been written in outdated programming languages
- Systems are running on old operating systems, even beyond vendors ‘end of life’
- Data is stored in ‘inaccessible’ proprietary data formats
- Without the modern tools and interfaces they are used to working with
In many cases, these challenges are compounded by
- Original team members are no longer available, and a shortage of skilled replacements
- Vendors going out of business or withdrawing support
- Lack of documentation, database drivers, and tools to access proprietary data
- Shortages of hardware replacements and peripherals
The IT landscape has radically changed over the last 30 years, with dramatic improvements in performance, value, and integration.
Modern IT architectures have replaced the centralized, expensive mainframes and minicomputers with large corporate networks of much cheaper personal computers, servers, mobile devices and the Internet.
However, an IT manager with a department of modern skilled IT professionals can find it difficult to manage their legacy IT systems. They need specialist staff with a detailed knowledge of both legacy and modern systems.
RapidGen consultants are experts in both legacy and contemporary systems, implementing RapidGen solutions into modern IT environments running
- Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Server, 7, 8, and 10*
- Unix including Linux on Intel, HP-UX, IBM AIX, Solaris, and Tru64*
Your Modern Systems
For advice or assistance with migrating or integrating your legacy IT systems to your modern IT environment, please let us know how we can help.